10.4.07

December EC mix 2005

I made an extra credit exchange with nudgewinkgirl.

She sent me Sing Along With Me - Volume 2

1. "Yesterday" - The Beatles
2. "Cry Me a River" - Julie London
3. "Cannonball" - Damien Rice
4. "I Believe in Love" - Dixie Chicks
5. "I Wish I Were In Love Again" - Judy Garland (from Babes in Toyland)
6. "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" - Aretha Franklin and George Michael
7. "Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart" - Gene Pitney
8. "Just When I Needed You Most" - Dolly Parton ft. Alison Krauss Very nice.
9. "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - Lauren Hill
10. "Come What May" - Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman (from Moulin Rouge)
11. "Blow, Gabriel, Blow" - from Anything Goes
12. "The Lighthouses Tale" - Nickel Creek
13. "Another Night At Darry's" - Joanna Riding (from The Witches of Eastwick)
14. "Fading Like a Flower (Every Time You Leave) - Roxette
15. "Falling" - Alicia Keys
16. "Runaway" - The Corrs
17. "I Can Love You Better" - Dixie Chicks
18. "That I Would Be Good" - Alanis Morrisette
19. "Landslide" - Dixie Chicks
20. "Wrong Again" - Martina McBride

I sent her a Christmas mix and she had this to write about it:
"Just finished listening to another awesome Christmas mix...this one from the lovely derhay! Fabulous, fabulous, and it goes a little something like this....

Christmas 2005

"Christmas Time" Bill Cosby
(every time I hear or hear of Bill Cosby I imagine Jack Black deriding John Cusack in 'High Fidelity' with the words "That? Is a Cosby sweater. A Cosssby. Sweater." So, hee.)
"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
(Classic, and also reminds me of 'Mean Girls' now also. And yes, I do want my pink shirt back. I want my pink short back!)
"Let It Snow!" by Dean Martin
(Such a classic - trust me, windy English weather, Christmas card writing and Deano blaring is a heady mix. I had to have a Scotch in order to honour the big guy too...so excuse me any stumblings / ramblings etc.)
"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)"
(Brilliant. Just brilliant. Also amused me no end when I called my sister and randomly played this down the phone to her, with me cackling in the background. We loved the chipmunks when we were wee!)
"2000 Miles" the Pretenders
"Here Comes Santa Claus" Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
"Just Like Christmas" Low
(Who are/is Low? This is good!)
"Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy" Bing and Dave
(I love this song - it works on so many surreal levels!)
"O Holy Night" Nat 'King' Cole
(O Holy Yes! I looooove this song so much and it rarely gets played over here. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful)
"A Wonderful Christmas Time" Wings
"Christmas Time Is Here" Stone Temple Pilots
"Edward Meets The World: Ice Dance" Danny Elfman
(I adore Danny Elfman - he is one of my favourite composers for film....ever. And this is just beautiful, evocative, all that good stuff!)
"Skating on the River" Lily Frost
(I love this track. Cute and cosy and lovely. I feel I am running out of superlatives now...)
"Winter Wonderland" The Cocteau Twins
(Trippy, ethereal and fab)
"Song For A Winter's Night" Sarah McLachlan
(Just gorgeously solemn and beautiful. I want to be one of Sarah's backing singers)
"Fortune Presents Gifts Not According To The Book" Dead Can Dance
(Wow. Showstopping. What. A. Song. Love it.)
"Give Me The Simple Life" J.J.Johnson and Kai Winding
(Nice bouncy instrumental...makes me want to sip a cocktail and dance with a Tom Hanks lookalike. Is that wrong?)
"Rocking Around The Christmas Tree" Brenda Lee
(I remember my mum doing the most awesomely baaaad dance to this when I was wee...brings back many a happy memory)
"White Christmas" The Drifters
(I love the Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooooh bit!)
"Father Christmas" The Kinks
(This is so cool - I can't believe I'd never heard this before!)
"Christmas Wrapping" The Waitresses
(currently holds joint first place in my heart as far as Christmas songs go (the other one being 'Fairytale of New York') so you had me from hello on this one :-))
"Von" Sigur Ros
"Skating" Vince Guaraldi Trio
"Comfort and Joy" Simon and Garfunkel
(Lovely and traditional, good all round)
"Christmas Time Is Here Again" The Beatles
(Great closer! I love the spoken ad libs)

Awesome mix, derhay! I love it! Thank you soooo much."

No comments: