10.4.07

August 2006

I received this orphan mix in October from Razzy
Now I have a soundtrack to my September orphan blues. Razzy sent me a mix called Orphan Blues. here go

1. "Set You Free" - The Black Keys
2. "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got" - Bettye Lavette
3. "Bread and Butter" - The Roots
4. "She Wants to Sell My Monkey" - Junior Wells
5. "I Got A Woman" - Ray Charles
6. "Wail" - The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
7. "Got Your on My Mind" - William Galson & Madeline Peryoux
8. "It Hurt So Bad" - Susan Tedeschi
9. "Don't You Ever (Get Tired of Hurting Me)" - Bettye Swann
10. "Blue Veins" - The Raconteurs
11. "Revenue Man Blues" - Charley Patton
12. "Shake a Hand" - Tina Turner
13. "Done Got Over You" - Buddy Guy
14. "I Can't Quit You Baby" - Otis Rush
15. "Cocaine" - Eric Clapton
16. "Idlewild Blues" - Outkast
17. "Everleen" - Bo Diddley
18. "Devil Got My Woman" - Skip James
19. "Boom Boom" - John Lee Hooker
20. "Have Love Will Travel" - The Black Keys

I made two mixes for ihavecooties.
She wrote:" I need to apologize, I've been lazy and have sat on these mixes from derhay for way too long. They're really good, though. One is called
We Hope You Like Guitars:
1. Moscow- Orange Juice
2. Vena Cava- 50 Foot Wave
3. Silver Apples- The Jeevas
4. In Like the Rose- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
5. Too Late Now- Holly Golightly
6. Resurrection Joe- The Cult
7. Friends- Gary Numan- Ooh, this sounds nothing like "Cars." I like it!
8. Utz- Enon
9. It Dawned on Me- Calla
10. Run Run Run- The Gestures
11. Spirit Ditties of No Tone- Deerhoof
12. Holes- Specimen
13. Kidney Bingo- Wire
14. Running Town- Siouxsie & The Banshees
15. Carnival Kids- The Futureheads
16. Bad Reputation- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
17. Rock & Roll- The Velvet Underground I was needing a studio version of this, thanks!
18. Young Lawyer- The French Kicks
19. Hawaii- The Strokes
20. Sometimes Sometimes- April March
21. The Ghosts Around You- Longwave
22. No You're Not- Spoon
23. Puchaca Surprise- Minus the Bear

Great stuff, very garagey!

The other mix is called Au8ust- it's (mostly) the eighth track from the eighth album by different acts. A very ambitious mix, because not that many bands make it that far.

1. Crazy Eights- Tapes 'n Tapes
2. August- Rilo Kiley
3. Land's End- Siouxsie & The Banshees
4. Neighborhood- David Byrne
5. From the Floorboards Up- Paul Weller I feel like I've heard this somewhere else, but I don't know where.
6. Brain Damage- Pink Floyd
7. Just Like Heaven- The Cure
8. August- Clinic
9. 1984- David Bowie I had no idea this was a Bowie song! I grew up listening to Tina Turner's cover of it.
10. Within You Without You- The Beatles
11. Devorzhum- Dead Can Dance
12. Give What He's Got- Peter Murphy
13. Fourteen Black Paintings- Peter Gabriel
14. Everybody Knows- Echo and the Bunnymen
15. The Carrier- Brian Eno & David Byrne
16. Please Go Home- The Rolling Stones I'm not usually a big Stones fan, but this one's good.
17. Miami - U2
18. Outbreak of Love- Midnight Oil"

No comments: