10.4.07

Dec 2005 / Jan 2006

My Dec/Jan mix from knobbygirl entitled
fire crotch: an ode to panty-less partying
n = new to me

1. “Lindsay Lohan… is a firecrotch.” – Brandon Davis
2. “What’s New Pussycat” – Tom Jones
3. “Cigarettes and Alcohol” – Oasis
4. “Screwed (Alex C remix)” – Paris Hilton
n
5. “Wake Up, K-Fed” – DJ Dirty Beagle
n
6. “Pussy” – Lords of Acid
n
7. “I Wanna Be Your STD” – Jimmy Edgar
n
8. “Toxic” – The Chopin Sisters
n
9. “Sneakin’ Out the Hospital” – The Beastie Boys
10. “The Crabhouse” – Lords of Acid
n
11. “Burning Up” – Madonna
n
12. “Suicide Blonde” – IN
XS great song
13. “Boyfriend” – Ashlee Simpson
n
14. “She’s Your Cocaine” – Tori Amos
15. “Growing On Me” – The Darkness
n
16. “Fire” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
17. “Alcohol” – Barenaked Ladies
n
18. “Flames Go Higher” – Eagles of Death Metal
n
19. “The Pussy Cat Song” – Connie Vonnett
n
20. “Stars are Blind” – Paris Hilton
n
21. “Ring of Fire” – Johnny Cash
22. “Medical Love Song” – Monty Python
n

I sent two to Cassie and she wrote, "I received two mixes from derhay on Thursday that were almost entirely New To Me. There are a number of songs here that I fully intend to steal and put on mixes of my own.
Find Yourself A Comfortable Chair

1. Karlenken Vantar - Kent - (This has a great opening that really works to kicks off a mix.)
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Worm Is Green - (I grew to like this. I think it's a surprisingly versatile song.)
3. The Only Living Boy Around - American Analog Set
4. We're So Cool - The Au Pairs - (LOVVVVE this.)
5. Elephant Woman - Blonde Redhead
6. Banshee Beat - Animal Collective - (Gorgeous "slow build" song. Everything I've heard about Animal Collective suggested that they were a bit too "out there" for me. But I really like this. Is this them at their most accessible?)
7. Bicycle - The Autumns
8. My Diamond Star Car - Deerhoof - (I've read a lot of good things about this band, but I found this very annoying. My only "skip" on either mix.)
9. Beachcoma - Blur
10. The Lodger - David Byrne - (Is this what David Byrne sounds like now?)
11. Assessment (C Swing's Bootleg mix) - The Beta Band
12. When Prince Was a Kid - Jonathan Fire*Eater
13. Tiger Lily - The Bluetones
14. Ironspy - Splashdown
15. Vapour Trail - Ride
16. Sooner - Asobi Seksu
17. Live Wire - The Beastie Boys
18. Ruby Tuesday - Franco Battiato
19. The Day - Lisa Germano
20. The Coffee and Tea Wrecks - The Dandy Warhols - (They sound totally different here than in the "Veronica Mars" theme, my only prior exposure.)

Oh, I'm Not With These Guys: A very special blossom Collaboration/Guest Vocals Mix
Really enjoyed this one. You can consider the first 19 tracks bolded, because it all played very cohesively. But I will bold my particular favorites.
1. Gang of Four - I Love a Man in Uniform (Yeah Yeah Yeahs remix) - (Aw. This one is really cool. I'm not familiar with the original — what constitutes the remix? Is that Karen O singing?)
2. The Strokes w. Regina Spektor - Modern Girls and Old Fashioned Men - (I've got a real weakness for male/female combos.)
3. Spahn Ranch w. Vylette - Dreaming - (Very inventive cover.)
4. The Greenhornes w. Holly Golightly - There Is an End - (Only know her from that White Stripes song. She's nice and sultry here.)
5. Sigmatropic and Lee Renaldo - Haiku Twelve
6. Blonde Redhead ft. David Sylvian - Messenger
7. DJ Krush ft. Esthero - Final Home
8. Iggy Pop w. Kate Pierson - Candy - (Squee!!! I loved this song when it came out, and haven't heard it since.)
9. Sonic Youth w. Kim Deal - Little Trouble Girl - (Summit of the cool Kims!)
10. Basement Jaxx ft. Siouxsie Sioux - Cish Cash - (Totally infectious.)
11. The Herbaliser ft. Cappo - Failure's No Option
12. The Streets w. The Futureheads - Fit But You Know It
13. The Brian Jonestown Massacre ft. Sarabeth Tuceek - Seer
14. New Order ft. Billy Corgan - Turn My Way
15. Los Cinco & April March - Theme for the Lime Cafe
16. Sigmatropic & Cat Power - Haiku Ten
17. DJ Shadwo ft. Chris James - You Made It
18. Handsome Boy Modeling School ft. Jack Johnson - Breakdown
19. OP8 ft. Lisa Germano - Tom, Dick and Harry
20. Roy Orbison and k.d. lang - Crying - (I know that both of these artists are very talented, but this is Not My Sort Of Thing.)
21. Tweaker ft. Nick Young - Sleepwalking Away

Thanks, derhay!"

No comments: