10.4.07

April 2006

I received an awesome mix from Masticator
Lie Back and Think of England:
1: "Revolution" - The Beatles
2: "When the Sun Goes Down" - Arctic Monkeys
3: "Life on Mars?" - David Bowie
4: "I Predict a Riot" - Kaiser Chiefs
5: "Unfinished Sympahty" - Massive Attack
6: "Is It Just Me?" - The Darkness
7: "You Really Got Me" - The Kinks
8: "Living for the Weekend" - Hard-Fi
9: "Bottle Rocket" - The Go! Team
10: "Black Dog" - Led Zeppelin
11: "Apply Some Pressure" - Maximo Park
12: "Reasons To Be Cheerful" - Ian Dury & the Blockheads
Reminds me of "Can You Picture That" by Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem
13: "You Said Something" - PJ Harvey
14: "Sleep On The Left Side" - Cornershop
15: "Street Fighting Man" - Rolling Stones
16: "Too Much Too Young" - The Specials
17: "Going Out" - Supergrass
18: "Dreamy Days" - Roots Manurva
19: "Hope There's Someone" - Antony & The Johnsons
20: "Flicker" - Kathryn Williams
21: "Day Is Done" - Nick Drake

I sent two mixes to sunspot

"Finally, here are the track listings for last month's mixes. Thanks again derhay, I've listened to them several times. Particular favourites bolded, a few comments, lots of old faves and some new sounds and a general sense of love for them, particularly the first.
Bossy Pants

01. Run and Run – Psychedelic Furs
02. Hold Me Now – Elastica
03. Ring the Alarm – Tenor Saw
04. Don’t Hold Your Breath – Calla
05. Be My Wife – David Bowie (love Bowie)
06. Sssh! – Fleming & John
07. Stay Away From My Johnny – Freda Gray & the Rocketeers (love)
08. Hang ‘em High – Hackie Mittoo
09. Sit Down – James
10. Give Me Daughters – Jonathan Fire Eater (interesting and weird, yet still less offensive than that horrible Daughters song by John Mayer)
11. Take It Easy My Brother Charles – Jorge Ben (not crazy about it at first, but I listened again today in a fit of murderous rage and it actually helped me "take it easy")
12. Shake – Otis Redding
13. Cut Chemist
14. Speak For Me – Cat Power
15. Sifl & Olly meet the Tooth Fairy
16. Hands Off, She’s Mine – English Beat (it's like I'm 16 again)
17. Echoes of Deaf Journalists – Robotiks
18. Play It Cool – Super Furry Animals
19. Get Off Of My Cloud – The Flying Pickets (cute, but I think I only feel that way because of their accents, throw in a general North American accent and I'd probably be mildly annoyed)
20. Throw Away Your Television – Red Hot Chili Peppers (one of my fave RCHP songs)
21. Spin It On – Wings
22. Stay Up Late – Talking Heads
23. Prove My Love – Violent Femmes
24. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – Nina Simone
25. Open Up Your Heart and Let the Sunshine In – Frente!
26. Johnny Depp
27. Say Hello To the Angels - Interpol

A great mix. I have to say the little clips were probably lost on me as I am very out of the loop when it comes to pop culture. For example, I know who Johnny Depp is but was that him or someone talking about him or what, I have no idea?

The second mix had no title, only symbols, so I have christened it....
The Disc Previously Known As Prince

01. Love Is All Around – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts (the best thing about the Mary Tyler Moore show was always the theme song)
02. Nothing Stays the Same – Elastica
03. Tuareg – Gal Costa (the only song I think I didn't like at all)
04. Hold Me Baby – Holly Golightly
05. Thrills and Chills – Helene Smith
06. Band Of Gold – Marcia Griffiths (great version)
07. Fat Man & Dancing Girl – Suzanne Vega
08. Cracklin’ Water – OP8 f. Lisa Germano
09. Why Do I Lie – Luscious Jackson
10. Dr. Cat – Mary Timony
11. Petite Pays – Cesaria Evora (pretty)
12. Popsicles and Icicles – Murmaids
13. Let Me Know – Yeah Yeah Yeahs (I really haven't listened to much by them, obviously I should)
14. Polaroid Millenium – Superior
15. Another Flavour – The Sundays
16. I Love A Snot – Lisa Germano
17. Dress – PJ Harvey (love!)
18. C30, C60, C90 Go! – Pretty Girls Make Graves ( not what I was expecting at all)
19. The Butterfly Collector – Garbage
20. Fury Eyes – The Creatures
21. Sunday Girl – Rosetta Stone
22. Alive Alone – The Chemical Brothers f. Beth Orton
23. CQ Song – Mellor
24. Zero Zero – April March"

No comments: